Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

UFO #1

I started  this painting in the fall class of 2010. We took many photo's of an organic nature for a composition that we could agree on as a group. We prepped a double thickness 10 x 24 bainbridge board with liquitex past gel, once that dried the  shells and the marble vases were drafted in with an HB pencil, then an acrylic wash of adobe tan was laid over the entire piece. After the abobe tan dried I painted in with acrylic with the blues, grays, diazanine purple, van dyke browns, flesh tint, buff titanium, oranges and alizarin crimson lest not forget the whites and greens over the sketched in shells and vases and background.


The oil overlay was added working the curtain, table cloth, marble vases and shells from right to left with the same colors only in the oil paints. I am stuck on the shell at the left of the picture, and I am still adding glazes over the marble and large shell to create depth. I will keep working on this a little at time until I get it right! 


3 comments:

  1. Firstly, thank you very much for visiting and following my blog. It always makes me smile when a new face appears! Your paintings are lovely! I rarely get the pleasure of working with acrylics and oils because I am trying to tackle watercolour at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by Sandra, I love your glass bottles and want to practice that form of reflection, will post my current project soon.

    ReplyDelete