Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Carnival 2011


I thought I would share our family's Sunday before Lent event held every year for as long as I can remember since meeting my husband. My husband's family called it Carnival! It is celebrated on the Sunday before Ash Wednesday to mark the beginning of Lent.  We have the traditional  lasagna dinner with italian pastries on that day.

Cream Puffs

Chocolate Eclairs

I carry on this tradition now for our family but  have changed it a little by adding the "Mardi gra" effect with masks and beads for decorations, mainly for the grandchildren to enjoy and have something other than the religious values to remember.

Our granddaughter Sarah has a birthday in March and since the lenten season started later this year  we decided to include Sarahs birthday into the days feastivites adding to "Mardi gra" theme. Our oldest daughter made a "Mardi gra" cake for Sarah! 


The fondit is also homemade, I secretly think she may be the next cake boss!!  I'm so proud of her!.


Thank you for enjoying this event with us!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Georgina,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Oregon is where my mother lives and most of my extended family. It looks like you had a wonderful Carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon! Your location intrigued me, I love to travel and in one of our adventures were able to see your island from Cape Breton!! I have family in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick!!!

    ReplyDelete