Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010


This is my latest finished acrylic 8 1/2 x 16. I still need to overlay this with polyurethane. This is a painting of a reserve in Burnt Church, New Bruswick Canada. My mother was born there and her family still lives there . My Uncle was a Chief there until his death and now his son's my cousins serve on the council. Burnt Church is located on the northern most coast of the Atlantic and the water you see in the picture freezes in the winter and the locals can go ice fishing and drive trucks out on the frozen ice. Starting in April through July the native people have lobster traps and have fishing boats for the seasonal catch.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. There is so much depth to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa...I need to give this one a coat of polyacrylic and I am still waiting for my son n' law to make the frame for it!

    ReplyDelete