Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer is finally here!

It is spring and summer finally! I have been busy cleaning closet and putting away the wools and sweaters! I don't know which is worse, putting away the winter stuff or finding room for the summer stuff! The weather changed so quickly and last evening it was 94 degrees. We didn't even have the time to put up the air conditioners yet! Thank goodness it's a long weekend and we can find the time to do it all. Today it's a little cooler at 74*.

We have been working in the garden and last night I picked two quarts of strawberries.



They are yummie. I'm adding some pictures of the garden. We just planted our summer crop of tomatoes, peppers, cucumers, green squash, radishes, lettuce, egglplant, green beans, parsley and basil.

My herb garden is also doing well. There is thyme, oregano, chives, tarragon, sage, chervil and fennel.
 

The spring flowers poppies. bearded iris and dutch iris are bloom and everything is looking like summer!


This weekend we will put in the seasonal plants, geraniums, pansies, sunflowers, marigolds etc. I wish everyone a safe Memorial Day and enjoy your celebrations!

2 comments:

  1. Gardens are so much fun! And with the price of produce now-a-days, so beneficial!! Love your herb garden and the iris are so cheery and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your garden and all that yummy goodness! I have my potted herbs though...basil, rosemary, cilantro and sage.
    I got a kick out of the story you left on my blog about locking the keys in the car and the window down!!!

    ReplyDelete